Resources to help families continue learning from home.
Check back often for more ideas, activities and information.
Activities to Continue Learning at Home
- ALP Learning at Home Activity- Phonics Hopscotch
- ALP Learning at Home Activity- Rhyming Balls
- ALP Learning at Home Activity- Short Vowel Sounds
- Tips for Homework Success from an Occupational Therapist
- toytheater.com: A collection of interactive educational games for elementary students. They are all free and are designed to work on computers, tablets and mobiles devices.
- ALP Learning at Home Activity- Handwriting Skills
- Capital Letter Formation Chart
- Lower Case Letter Formation Chart
- Number Formation Chart
- Famous Faces Activity: practice writing skills and learn about someone
Actividades para continuar aprendiendo en casa en español
Things To Do at Home
- storylineonline.net: The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- cmlibrary.org/storytime: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library’s new online storytime with online videos and you can also watch Family Storytime on Facebook Live.
- storytimefromspace.com: Story Time From Space: Children’s books read by astronauts at the International Space Station, a project of Global Space Education Foundation.
- kidlit.tv: Virtual library of free book read alouds, series, videos, podcasts, art, book trailers, and activities.
- thespanishexperiment.com: The Spanish Experiments has free Spanish children’s stories, online Spanish lessons and Spanish course reviews.
Get up and move!
Nature, Museums and Language
Art and Music
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library: To ensure that families with children birth to five years of age are fully equipped with the appropriate developmental tools and resources needed to promote the importance of early literacy.
- Caribu: Caribu is an subscription app that makes video-calling unforgettable by making it interactive, educational, and entertaining! Including celebrity read alouds.
Additional Local Resources for Students
- Read Charlotte has developed a list of online supplemental learning resources for families. This list is available at ReadCharlotte.org/KeepLearningCLT.
- For those who would like to donate books to Promising Pages for distribution to students, please click Promising Pages.
- loavesandfishes.org: Providing groceries for neighbors in need at pantries located throughout Mecklenburg County
- secondharvestmetrolina.org: Providing a regional distribution warehouse & branches that supply food and grocery items to charitable agencies that assist people in need.
- Internet Access: Spectrum is providing free internet access to students impacted by Coronavirus who don’t already have access at home. Call 844-488-8395 to enroll.
Disclaimer: Augustine Literacy Project- Charlotte is not affiliated with the resources referenced in this document.