2020-2021 By The Numbers
161 tutors served 188 students during 3,792 sessions in 20 schools.
- 95% of students improved in letter/digraph recognition
- 97% improved in letter-sound correspondence
- 57% improved 1 or more grades in Auditory Deletion skills
- 68% students improved one or more levels in phonemic awareness
- 97% improved in sight word recognition – an average improvement of 35 words
Tutors administer pre- and post- testing to measure student progress.
“There are so many children that will never achieve their full potential without a program like this. Augustine Literacy Project enables the children to see the world with new eyes and their tutors are blessed knowing they are empowering children to become all that they can be. Thank you to everyone at ALP for all that you do!”
Dale Gillmore, Board Chairman of Make an Impact Foundation